Iris saw Santa previously at the mall (Picture in snail mail Christmas card). When we were at the mall she was fine in line, we pointed out Santa. The minute she was put on his lap she was not happy, as one might have expected. Clearly this carried through, as she started crying from her stroller the minute she saw Santa and Mrs. Clause at the zoo. There was no line at the zoo and one could take their own picture, so it might have been a better deal than the mall, but I wasn't going to make Iris visit Santa and Mrs. Clause, that would have been mean.
Iris really seems to like being outside, even in cold weather. She goes and gets her snowsuit and stands by the door.
She did well in the chilly air at the zoo. We walked around and saw the lights, stopped at the primate building and listened to Girl Scouts caroling, went to the cookie decorating where Iris ate half of a cookie with frosting:
When we got home Iris was wide awake! Here is a picture of her climing on the stairs, with frosting still on the lips!
Saturday Iris and I took a field trip to Kalamazoo to get her sillhouette done. This lady, Joyce, is amazing. http://www.silhouettesbyjoyceredman.com/ You can also send in a picture if you have a profile picture, although I wasn't able to get one! It would have been alot easier to send in a picture. We hung out with my friend Gwenn from grad school, did some Christmas shopping and went out to dinner.
Sunday evening we went swimming.
I don't remember what we did Monday or Tuesday.
Last night we went swimming.
Tonight we went to the neighborhood Christmas party. Met some neighbors and also made a connection regarding someone shoveling our snow for when we are away!
Sunday we are going to Ikea and to visit Kay. Sometime this week I need to go to Grand Rapids to buy wine. Tomorrow I go do paperwork for my new job... yes you read that correctly, I'm going to be working a temp position for MSU!!! They had a counselor leave so they asked me last week if I was interested, and boy have things moved fast! I start Jan 5th. I'll not be working quite full time for MSU as I feel I don't have the capacity working full time for MSU plus my own job from back home, plus being Iris' primary caretaker as Jeremy works so many hours.
Right now he is at the MSU Oakland Mens' Basketball game. I've been sta ying up later than I like and am really tired so I'm hoping to hit the hay soon!
I started this post awhile back but had to stop writing because Iris woke up from a nap... then I realized I was logged in as Jeremy (this is Karen posting). Now I'm just quickly finishing so I can post to the blog!
Until next time!
Iris you sure are on the go! Can't wait to see you. Loves and hugs Grandma Sue
ReplyDelete