I'll post some pictures and videos later. It has been a fun several days. As Jeremy stated we spent time in Chicago with the Harlans. On Sunday morning Jeremy and I slept in and my mom took care of Iris in the morning, which was wonderful!
Sunday morning Jeremy and Iris stayed at my parents and my mom and I went shopping. I picked up a new onesie for Iris to wear under her Gingerbread outfit. We also picked up some winter boots for Iris. Luckily I spoke to our friend Cole, who did the legwork an found out the best place to buy boots for little feet.
Sunday afternoon I went to visit our friends Nicky and Tom. I spent some quality time with their dog Milo as well, one of their golden retrievers.
Sunday evening Iris and I went to visit Briana Moises and Ayden. Since we are Ayden's Godparents we had bought him some Birthday Gifts (we missed his birthday party the weekend before) and Christmas gifts. Ayden gave Iris a book about Elmo teaching his friend to use the potty! I'm sure this book will come in handy over the next year we we introduce potty training. Iris also loved playing with all of Ayden's toys, including his electric car and indoor slide.
Monday I went to Appleton and worked all day. It it is always good to see my coworkers since I don't see them that often!
Monday evening Iris, Jeremy and I went to visit Jaci, Tony, Melanie and Megan. We didn't stay too long since we got over there pretty late. Poor Melanie wasn't feeling well, hopefully she feels better now. The girls gave us like 6 huge bags of clothes for Iris to have! I have not even gotten through them all, but wow, I shouldn't have to buy many outfits in the next 3 years. Iris spend another evening LOVING playing with toys that were not her own. Since I'm Megan's Godmother I had wanted to get together with the girls and give Megan her gifts. I wont be home for Megan's 3rd birthday in Feb. so I gave her the option of opening both her Christmas and birthday gifts or just Christmas gifts. She opened both. We also gave something to Melanie, so between the two girls there were 3 items that need assembly... poor Tony. He already had their bed tents assembled before we left.
I was planning on working Tues PM but the scheduled changed so I did not have to. The three of us went to Appleton to meet with our banker to discuss a plan for our mortgage. We did find out we cannot close on a house until after July 1st. We will likely wait until after we get home from DC to close on a house (we are planning on going to DC in early Dec for our friend Jess's wedding). Before our meeting we stopped at my work so Iris could see everyone (and they could see her:)). She grew alot since the last time she was at my work. Iris played with Sharon List during our mortgage meeting. Sharon is Iris' psuedoGrandma. I remember one day the week after Iris was born. I waited until 7 AM and called Sharon asking if she could come over.
After picking up Iris at Sharon's we visited the residency. On the way back go Green Bay we perused around the DePere and Ashwaubenon exits checking our the neighborhoods.
Yesterday Iris hit another milestone, I'm hoping to remember by recording in the blog. She said her name for the first time! My mom started teaching her when we were in WI last. She also figured out how to climb on my parents couch. The couch at my parents is a bit higher than our couch in MI. My mom has a step stool which was over by the bay window. Iris figured out to drag the step to the couch so she could climb on the couch today. Today at Jeremy's parents Iris just used Heatley as the step stool.
We came out to Tom and Linda's house last night and brought enough things to spend the night tonight in case we get snowed in. We sent Santa a text message asking him to bring Iris' gifts to my parents since we're not sure where exactly we'll be.
I'll post pictures at a later time! Merry Christmas everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It was great to see you! I posted a few pics of the kids on facebook, you'll have to look from Jeremy's page. Hope you had a good Christmas!
ReplyDelete