In my tiredless last night I recounted the events of our day, but forgot about an important phone call I made to Grandma Van. My maternal grandmother turned 91 yesterday and is proud of it (I think her descendants are too)! Apparantly I called her shortly after she got off the phone with Marci (good job remembering Marci, you are so busy with the end of classes and finals coming up, I meant to remind you in case you forgot, but then I forgot to remind you and almost forgot myself!)
Grandma Van and I were talking about how she was always a small person (height and weight) and that maybe Iris is taking after her. Iris taking after Irene! Shortly after Iris was born Grandma Van was telling a friend about her newest great grandchild and explained her name was Iris. Grandma's friend made a comment about Iris being named after Grandma Van since her name (as I'm sure you've figured out) is Irene. Grandma let her friend believe that Iris was named after her and told me the story. We agreed that it is a great story and we can let people believe that (which I had never thought of Iris being similar to Irene until this woman thought of it).
Another crazy Iris name story was when I was visiting my mom at school when Iris was small. A co-worker of my mom (who is a local hockey family and knows my mom was a VanAdestine) asked us if Iris' middle name (Adeline) was named after Adestine... again, never thought of that, but we can pretend.
As for Iris' smallness, I've always thought she might take after her Aunt Renee, petite and thin. Linda (Jeremy's mom) tells me Jeremy was small at a year of age, so I guess it is just familial.
I wish I had my computer so I could put post a picture of Grandma from this past year, but we'll just ask Jeremy to do that (Jeremy can you please put a picture of Grandma Van).
Enough ramblings for now, I think I might lay down to take a nap as I've been up late the past couple of nights (just dropped Iris at daycare).
Karen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Karen, love the update! I feel particularly special too ;-). It's crazy -- Iris's first and middle initial do sound a lot like Irene VanAdestine.
ReplyDelete