
Christmas 2009
Dear Family and Friends,
It has been a busy year for my family with lots of traveling by land and sea (well technically land and lake). When I wrote last, Jeremy was in the process of interviewing for a sports medicine fellowship. He found out in Jan. that he would be heading back to Michigan State. This started the ball rolling on changes to come. I looked all over for this ball, but never found it.
Dear Family and Friends,
It has been a busy year for my family with lots of traveling by land and sea (well technically land and lake). When I wrote last, Jeremy was in the process of interviewing for a sports medicine fellowship. He found out in Jan. that he would be heading back to Michigan State. This started the ball rolling on changes to come. I looked all over for this ball, but never found it.
It was very sad for me to leave our first house because it was the first house I ever got to live in. When the house was up for sale I got to go to Doggy Daycare a lot because of showings during the day! I love tennis balls, and there are A LOT of tennis balls at Doggy Daycare!
In February I took a vacation to visit the cows at Grandma Linda and Grandpa Tom’s house. Jeremy had a conference at Disney World so Karen, Iris and Grandma Sue accompanied him. When I got to Grandma and Grandpa’s House I remembered the cows are gone, no more cows to scareL Grandpa Tom keeps telling me that he is going to get rabbits and chickens for Iris and I to play with next spring!
In February I took a vacation to visit the cows at Grandma Linda and Grandpa Tom’s house. Jeremy had a conference at Disney World so Karen, Iris and Grandma Sue accompanied him. When I got to Grandma and Grandpa’s House I remembered the cows are gone, no more cows to scareL Grandpa Tom keeps telling me that he is going to get rabbits and chickens for Iris and I to play with next spring!
Karen and Jeremy did a lot of driving to Appleton in June while we stayed in Green Bay (after selling the house). Some days I got to go to Doggy Daycare. One day I was there for a really long time. I found out that Karen drove back to GB without picking me up! I wasn’t mad because I just played with more balls while I was waiting.
At the end of June we moved to Michigan via the SS Badger (the Lake Michigan Car Ferry from Manitowoc to Ludington). That was a very interesting experience for me because I felt like I was moving but the car I was in did not move. Grandma Sue stayed with us for a week in Michigan to help us settle in. We are subletting from a history professor who is doing a year long sabbatical. It is a nice older (1920s ish) two story, two bedroom, two bath house. I have never climbed so many stairs on a daily basis before! The best part is the huge fenced in backyard that I get to play in.
Karen and Iris stay home with me most days since Karen works at time. Iris likes to climb on me. I like it when Iris gives me food. Karen does do some work from home. There also have been periods of time when Iris and Karen leave to go back to Wisconsin so that Karen can work and Iris can see the grandparents. This lets me have some great quality time with Jeremy.
Jeremy works a lot. The best part is seeing Jeremy on television, although how can he be on TV when he is supposed to be working? Jeremy and I got to make one trip back with Karen and Iris over the lake again so that dad could interview with Prevea in Green Bay and attend Aunt Renee’s (Jeremy’s sister) and Uncle Jason’s wedding.
Jeremy works a lot. The best part is seeing Jeremy on television, although how can he be on TV when he is supposed to be working? Jeremy and I got to make one trip back with Karen and Iris over the lake again so that dad could interview with Prevea in Green Bay and attend Aunt Renee’s (Jeremy’s sister) and Uncle Jason’s wedding.
From what I can gather we will be moving back to Wisconsin in July 2010 and Jeremy will be working at Prevea in Green Bay while Karen continues to work in Appleton. I am hoping that next year they think I am old enough to babysit Iris then so she can stay home with me all day to play!
Happy Holidays and Until Next Year,
Heatley MaGee Metzler
Heatley MaGee Metzler
No comments:
Post a Comment