
Today I deactivated Facebook. I found myself spending too much time on it. I do like the idea of FB because I feel like it is a good way to stay connected with friends and family. I thought Up To Date with the Metzlers was a cute play on the website Up To Date.
I think the blog is a better idea because this way, only our friends and family who want to know what is going on with us can check up, without me updating all FB friends about our life! Not to mention the non Facebookers can check out the blog.
Last Wed Iris had her 15 mo well child check, and had only gained 3 ounces from her 12 mo well child check (which was really at 13 mo). I was pretty shocked when the scale read 18 lbs and 10ish ounces (I can't remember the exact ounces at the moment). Anyway so for the past week we've changed Iris diet and started warming up her milk. Her milk intake seems to have increased (we also add low sugar Quick to the milk at times too). Iris has always been a pretty good eater but I just wasn't giving her enough fat. I thought you were supposed to feed children what you eat, and to eat healthy, so I figured my weight watcher eating habits were good for her... The diet overhaul is going pretty well.
Last Thurs our Thanksgiving was pretty nice. I made hot turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing. I knew to add butter to the potatoes (added alot of butter to Iris' portion) but I forgot to add milk.. anyway the potatoes were not the best...
Tomorrow Jeremy leaves for AZ for a conference. Iris went to daycare today and will be going on Thursday and Friday so I can do some work from home.
I will try to add a picture to the blog to see how that goes. When Iris and I were in WI recently we had some pictures taken.
Lets see how this blogging experiment works!?!
I'm a big fan of the blogging! Welcome. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the idea. Thanks. Not a fan of FB so this will work for me. Grandma Sue
ReplyDeletewho taught you how to make goooood hot turkeys?? mmm sounds good.
ReplyDeleteawww hi grandma sue!
ReplyDelete