Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Preparing for new job

I just got back from a little shadowing of the MSU peds Genetics clinic. That went well. It will definitly be a change from working with Dr. Wargowski (the UW peds Geneticist I worked with at St. Vincent, Theda Clark and St. Elizabeth). Dr. Wargowski is the most fabulous peds geneticist to work with. For some visits at the MSU clinic I'll be dictating everything, including the history and physical, which will be new and take some adjustment.

I start at MSU the afternoon of Jan 4th. Right now I'm working on my schedule and figuring out when I need to be off to travel to WI etc.

We had a fun weekend. Jeremy and I met some friends (actually Iris' babysitter Sara) out at a dueling piano bar on Friday night. Her babysitter turned 30 on Thurs they had a little party, it was fun! Iris went to her babysitters house (she has an in home daycare) and one of the assistants came to watch Iris and my babysitter's kids.

Sat we got together with the Camy and Andrew Chapin, friends from med school. Camy is actually Iris' doctor (we see her tomorrow for a weight check, I'm hoping Iris weighs 20 lbs.. keep your fingers crossed!) We planned to meet at a family restaurant at 4:30 for dinner, there was a 45 minute wait! We checked Smokey Bones which was next door and the wait was the same! We ended up at Pancheros. We then went over to the Chapins to visit. Iris had fun playing with their son Carson. Of course I dont have any pictures because I did not bring my camera.

Sunday I slept in (thanks JEremy!) and then Iris and I drove to metro Detroit and I dropped Iris off at my friend Lauren's house while I went to Ikea!!! Lauren only lived 15 minutes from Ikea so it worked out perfect. After shopping I picked up Iris and we went to Kay's to spend the rest of the day (Kay is my angel who let me stay at her house while I was in grad school). Iris sure enjoyed playing with Kay. Iris warmed up to Kay's mom (who we call Grandma Goff) who is about 95 years old. Iris enjoyed saying Hi to Grandma Goff.

We had a wonderful dinner of Trader Joe's Pizza (I got to go to Ikea and Trader Joes in the SAME day!!!). Kay gave Iris a book and a pig (the same pig that is the star of the book) along with a really neat ornament. It was the same ornament that Iris kept gravitating towards earlier on Kay's tree. Iris really enjoyed looking at the ornaments on the tree. Kay also got me this fabulous sweater. I bought Kay some peanut butter at Trader Joes (Kay asked me to pick some up for her so we pretended that was her Christmas gift from me).

It was a fun weekend and now I'm focusing transitioning/preparing to go back to work, and be working full time, or possibly a bit more!

This afternoon Iris' babysitter is having a Christmas party so parents are welcome to stop in, so I'm hoping to get my WI work done soon so I can go to part of that.

I also need to finish my Christmas cards, I'm about halfway done stuffing!

Until next time,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment