It is confirmed, my favorite way of traveling from MI to WI is the SS Badger. We had flight problems coming from Detroit to Lansing last month. Yesterday, because of the horrible fog, we waited all day in the Detroit airport before our flight was cancelled.
Iris and I left Lansing at 6:30 AM and arrived at Detroit at a little before 7 AM. Then we waited for our 9:05 flight. We boarded and were all set when we were deplaned (and they kept our plane checked luggage--- my stroller!). So we waited, and waited and waited. I kept calling to GB, including our real estate agent (who I was supposed to meet at 10:45 central....needless to say at about 4 or so we found out our flight was cancelled due to fog (not safe to fly into GB). I met some new friends at the airport,Charlie, Amy and their daughter Sophie (who is 2.5 years). Charlie is a preferred flier so he got them on the 9:05 this AM and he got Iris and I on the 10ish flight last night. They then decided to rent a vehicle and drive and offered if we wanted to go with.
Because I wasn't even sure if the 10ish flight would be cancelled (all flights from Appleton and Green Bay were cancelled yesterday at the time ours was cancelled, except the 7ish flight and the 10ish flight). I decided we would go with them. So we had a long drive, Iris was a trooper for the process and did wonderful! I owe her so much. SHe played for awhile then fell asleep ince 7:30ish hit.
Surprisingly, the fog lifted for a short time and the 10ish flight did get into GB. My mom was at the airport to meet the flight at 11:04 to see if our luggage made that flight. It did not, she immediately ran down to Appleton to pick us up at Charlie and Amy's friends. Iris arrived home to my parents at about 1 Am. So much for seeing a ton of houses yesterday! Our real estate agent has rescheduled some homes to today and will go out again Monday.
I am out of battery on my cell phone and my charger is in my checked luggage. If anyone needs to reach my, my parents live on Fiesta. On hold now to see if I can get info from Delta if a shipment of bags was sent over at about 2 AM. bag in madison gtg.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment