Saturday, April 24, 2010

building

Also, if you have ever built a house and have tips, or have ever thought, "if I build a house one day I'm going to make sure I..." we are looking for any suggestions on tips to make the house more functional!

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting!
    I don't know if you're planning on a one-story or a two-story, but if it's a two-story, I will tell you that having laundry on the second floor (or whichever floor most of the bedrooms are on) is pretty cool, so you aren't running up and down the stairs with baskets loads. Except I do miss the mud room I wanted a little bit, considering I come home a mess half the time (from being in barns) and having a dog. But in our case, a small downstairs half-bath across from the garage entryway can make a decent mud room, too, with a small amount of creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with amanda. at a minimum, you want the washer/dryer on the first floor (we added that when we moved in here), but the floor with the bedrooms would be the best. and some sort of mudroom is awesome.
    -molly

    ReplyDelete