Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Karen in Colorado

I'm spending Monday through Friday in Colorado. My cousin Marci and I flew out on Monday and are spending the week at my cousin Brian and his wife Darci's place. Yesterday, after sleeping in (I've been having trouble doing that) we got coffee at their complex's gathering center (free) and then got Brian and Darci's bikes ready to go on a ride. We packed one of the bike pouches with some snacks, credit cards, IDs, cash. Then we adjusted the bikes... We had just gotten to the Garden of the Gods when we realized we never put that pouch back on the bike. So we turned around and didnt actually get to ride through the Garden. It was about a 5 mi ride there and back, which was a bit tough with some of the hills. Sure glad my triathlon for Sunday is supposed to be all flat!

Things have been very busy. I've been working 50ish hours per week (two part time jobs, one at Perinatal consuling, and now again at St. Elizabeth). Jeremy has been doing some urgent care work and volunteered at the PGA last week. End of July he took his sports med board exam so glad that is over.

Iris started making 4 word sentences! that came out of nowhere, she is more like her father in the sense she is not a big talker. I can't wait to see Iris when I get home on Friday. Last night, before we went to bed, Marci and I watched videos of Iris.

I fly back into GB Fri, then Sat Iris and I take the SS BAdger to Ludington where we meet up with Lauren and Donald for Sunday's triathlon. Return Monday and back to work on Tuesday!

My dad is doing pretty well, still recovering. He doesnt seem to use the walker at all anymore, so that is good, and he is now able to go up and down some steps.

Jeremy starts his job next Monday, the 23rd.

I'm just watching the news and am so sad about the lady who suffocated her kids and then put the car in the river. HORRIBLE, UGH, I feel sick about it.

Anyway, that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment