Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 23rd---Random Updates

Iris and I (Karen) were in WI for awhile recently. I worked on some things with the house. Jeremy's dad and I spent 3 afternoons cutting down trees. He used the chainsaw and I brought the branches/logs to the curb. Tom also brought things to the curb. Jeremy's Uncle John (Iris' godfather) helped one afternoon as well.

Plans are getting finalized with the house. We decided to nix the playroom because in order to do the bonus room correctly (higher roof, more insulation, seperate heating/cooling system etc) it would add up to 17,000. Jeremy and I felt that window was best spent otherplaces, as in the higher efficiency windows and furnace.

We have also decided to expand the master closet a bit so plans and we've figured out all the details so we know what windows need to be ordered (which will be ordered ASAP). Plans should be redrawn tomorrow to include the larger closet (and slightly larger dining room and 2/3 bedrooms for more closet spaces in those bedrooms).

Yesterday was a beautiful day to turn 29. Jeremy got up early with Iris and then brought her to the gym, where she played in kids club and he worked out. I slept until almost 10 eastern! I was a bit wiped out from traveling the day before (2 hour drive to Milwaukee, one hour wait for ferry, 3 hour ferry ride and 2 hour drive from port in Michigan). Iris traveled well. It was a bit scary on the drive in MI as we almost got hit by a semi (my fault) in pooring rain where the road could not be seen. Prior to that incident I had asked my Angels to watch over us, and afterward you better believe I thanked the Angels and God for protecting us.

This morning (Sunday) I ran around the block the entire way (2.5mi), and if you know me I am no runner! I was pretty proud I didnt stop once and I finished in 30 minutes, which is faster then I ever ran EVER. Afterwards we went to the gym and I did spinnging class, putting on about 18 miles. I hope I'm getting myself into good enough shape to finish my sprint Tri I'm doing in two weeks (~400 m swim, 15mibike, 5krun). I know I can always walk the run and there is no time limit. It will be hard that the easiest thing for me to do will be first and the hardest portion will be last. Iris and I went swimming afterward my gym workout for about 10-15 minutes. It was more of a lesson and less play, and she wasn't teh biggest fan of doing birdie (kicking and finning on back) with her ears in. She did float on her stomach by herself and of course did some bobs. She does well with the motion of big arms with me controlling her arms, but if I ask her to do the motion herself she does not do it properly. My goal is to have her swimming by herself on her back by age 3, so we definitly have some time.

AS for the BIG news!! We have not really been potty training per se, but we have introduced the potty, etc. Today Iris pooped and peed on the potty! That is a step in the right direction. I'm thinking about starting full on potty training and seeing how that goes. I just read info about a recent study that says optimal time to potty train is about 27 to 30something months. The drawback to training before that is that it can take longer. but if that is the only drawback i am okay with that. we will see how it evolves. gtg iris wants out of the bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment