Hi everyone! Life has been busy. Last weekend Iris and I flew home so I could meet with a real estate agent and Iris could be my sidekick. My mom and I went to a couple of houses on Sunday. I think finding the "perfect" home will be hard. Hopefully we can find one we like in a good location! Iris got to see many of her family members, including both sets of Grandparents, Aunt Nicole, Uncle Dan and Aunt Pat, Great Grandma Van, Great Aunt Bobbie, Great Aunt Margaret, Great Aunt Donna and Great Uncle Larry, first cousins once removed: Jaci, Joe, Jennifer, first cousin once removed through marriage: Tony, second cousins: Melanie and Megan, Great Grandpa Clayton and Great Grandma Dolores. I think that covers it all... (I hope). Iris also got to see her friend Sharon in Appleton.
On Tuesday AM Iris and I went to see Teri at the YW. That was fun. Iris likes to swim and I've been working on teaching her logs, birdies and big arms. We went during toddler classes and Iris and I were going to just do our own thing. Iris didnt' want to spend much time in the 88 degree pool, because there was a kids pool that was very warm (like bath water) on the pool deck. Iris preffered the baby hottub. At the Y, they have this great class where kids get to stay warm in the kids pool while they are waiting for their turn during the lessons.
It has been very nice to not worry about any wild animals living in the house.
I've been feeling like I'm getting very behind at my job. My new plan is to work Monday, Wed and Friday from about 7 or 8 until 2 PM at Michigan State. This way, I can work from 3 to 5ish (or however that works out) for my real job. Tuesday and Thursdays I work all day at MSU, as these are clinic days.
Starting mid March MSU will have another counselor starting full time. I'm thinking my hours at MSU will cut down, at least this is what I've asked for.
The title of todays post is called so because there is this really neat Pet Store in Lansing that is more like a small animal zoo. They have displays, etc. http://preusspets.com/store/ Iris and I were invited to a Bday Party (my old babysitter, Sara's daughter, Hanna, turns 3). Iris loved petting the very large lizard and pushed her way in with the big kids to make sure she got to pet him.
Iris went down late for a nap, even though she was tired before we went to the store. I hear her crying now. So much for getting work done during today's nap...
Tonight Iris and I are sleeping at the Harleys, our friends who watch Iris. Bad snowstorm is coming so we need to be prepared for tomorrow AM.
Thanks for checking with with us! ~Karen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment