Monday, February 15, 2010

Atypical Valentines

So I spent my Valentines Day at home with Heatley - no fancy dinner or gift exchanges. My two girls were in Wisconsin for the weekend so that they could look at houses and Karen could work. My weekend other than that was pretty uneventful. Studied for boards. Helped with skin checks for high school wrestling regionals. Nothing like seeing hundreds of teenage boys in their underwear.

Karen and Iris get into Lansing around 9 pm tomorrow night and I will be at the airport waiting for them to arrive. Can't wait to see Iris's face when she sees me. It is such a wonderful stage in her life right now. She is becoming more interactive, active, and independent all at the same time.

Its amazing how fast time moves when so many things are going on in life. A little bit over 4 months left in fellowship then it will be back to Wisconsin. We have a friends wedding in DC in early July. I recently scheduled my Sports Medicine CAQ for July 20. Turns out my new job will be busier than I had previously thought. More comments on this as I get more details.

I also recently found out that found out that my abstract was accepted for a poster presentation at the AMSSM Annual Conference in April. Another big day for our family happens next Tuesday - February 23. It is our first child's 4th Birthday. In this case it is nice because he has no idea that it is his birthday. We will probably give him a special treat but he will not know why. Will try to get Iris to sing Happy Birthday but I am sure she will be as confused as he will be.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Heatley!!! I cannot believe he's 4 already. I remember staying at your place in Appleton the night of Heatley's first birthday and watching him eat his "birthday cake." If you can get Iris to sing Happy Birthday to Heatley, it definitely needs to be filmed - how adorable would that be!

    ReplyDelete